It is the perfect place for you to train because … it is big enough to have everything you want yet small enough to get to know easily, it is a safe city with friendly people who will enjoy talking to you, the centre is compact which means the host families are not too far away from the school, and it is so easy to get to with good public transport links, or we will meet you by car.
- Worcester is situated on the River Severn, the longest river in Britain, starting in Wales and flowing to the sea at Bristol.
- The cathedral dates from the 11th century and contains the tomb of King John, who signed the Magna Carta in 1215.
- It was the site of the Battle of Worcester in 1651, when Oliver Cromwell defeated Prince Charles, marking the end of the Civil War in England.
- Royal Worcester porcelain is made in the city, you can visit the factory and shop to buy souvenirs.
- It is the home of “Worcestershire Sauce” which is still made in the Lea & Perrins factory in the city.
- It is the birthplace of the famous British composer, Sir Edward Elgar.