The currency in the UK is the Great Britain Pound (GBP) – sometimes known as “Pound Sterling”. The approximate UK / US exchange rate is GBP1 = US$1.60 to US$1.65
Everything for basic living is included in your course and accommodation fees, however if requested by your company Kingsway will pay you an allowance for your personal expenses. This amount is usually GBP100/week unless otherwise requested.
Included in your course price :
- Registration Charge
- Tuition (lessons, course materials, refreshments)
- Accommodation Full-Board (own bedroom, all meals)
- School facilities (use of all school facilities, wi-fi etc)
- Airport transfers from / to your airport of arrival / departure
Not included in your course price :
- Any extra snacks (hamburger, chocolate, ice cream etc)
- Any personal expenses (toiletries, razor etc)
- Bus travel (if you prefer not to walk from host family to Kingsway)
- Social expenses (beer in the pub, cost of social activities, for example bowling)
You may like to bring a debit or credit card. Visa and MasterCard are the two most popular cards in the UK. There are plenty of ATMs (cash dispensers) in all towns in the UK.